Sunday, September 1, 2019

My August Reads




Smitten Chocolate Chip by Tiffany Carby
https://amzn.to/32jNQGL

Player Nik has figured out that it’s time to hang up his hat when it comes to one night stands. His pride has been scarred and his head is hung low when a new lady enters his office at The Mint.

Noey is a successful career woman who’s only wish in life is for things to slow down a little. But if things slowed down, would her success continue? She gets passed off to meet with Nik by his boss who doesn’t seem to have time for her, but what she finds instead is a single bachelor she can’t get out of her head.

Noey’s successful blog has her setup to take a road trip across the country in search of the best ice cream spots voted on by her fans. What she quickly realizes is the lonesome trip sounds a lot better with her new friend in tow. Is one night in DC enough for Noey to think about taking a stranger across country? Or will this new relationship melt before her tires hit the road?

Hike, Hike Baby by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/32nVj7A

Yasmine

Pause, take a breath, and glisten...

That's the better way to phrase Yasmine Brown sweating to death on her first hike, which is, obviously her punishment for being too cheap or too stubborn to buy the outdoor-loving woman she calls her best friend a stupid gift.

Most people are willing to accept her famous baked desserts as the perfect present. After all, she is an internationally renowned pastry chef.

Unfortunately, that trick doesn't work when your best friend is also your employee.

One little trek to make the birthday brat happy won't kill her, right?

Sutton

Halt, take a sip, oh no, she's slippin'...

One minute Sutton Thisleton is having a drink, and the next he's helping the most gorgeous woman he's ever crossed paths with out of the small hole she fell into.

Most people wouldn't see this as the right opportunity to grab a date. They also wouldn't wander from city to city because the wind seemed to shift them another direction one random afternoon.

Good thing he's never been most people.

One assisted hop back to the vixen's vehicle won't completely change his life, right?

What will happen when these two opposite worlds continuously collide?

Will they find a way to create a sweet, long lasting treat together, or will it end with one of them being told to take a permanent hike?

Something Honorable by J.L Leslie
https://amzn.to/32nEjyx

She’s the perfect incarnate of an angel. Pure. Innocent. The only reason I come to church on Sunday mornings. The only woman I treat differently than the others. The only woman I unintentionally make promises to. 

Promises I do intend to keep.

I’m practically sin walking. Immoral. Dishonorable. The very reason she should be in church on Sunday mornings. The only man she has ever allowed to touch her. The only man who makes her turn her back on everything she believes in. The only man who has the capability to destroy her. 

And does. 

Promises aren’t always kept. Life can unravel at the seams. The decisions we make when our world is falling apart can either be cowardly or something honorable.

**Something Honorable is Tauren and Helene's story and is book two in the Dirty Southern Secrets Series. It is a standalone full-length novel. It contains adult content, adult language, and sexual content. It is intended for mature readers only.**

Senses Series Box Set (Books 1-5) by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/32r6r3X

This box set contains the first five books of the popular Senses Series! 

These books revolve around Maxx Hughes, certified book nerd, and Logan "Unbreakable" Kellar, underground MMA fighter.

Blind: Aside from being blind to the fact his best friend, Maxx Hughes, is madly in love with him, Logan 'Unbreakable' Kellar has it made. He's the best amateur fighter at TKO, has a buffet line of women desperate to be taken by him, and three friends that are his family. However, when Maxx crosses over from Logan's blind spot on the side lines to the dead center of his vision, he realizes that he can't stay blind to the fact this girl, is the girl. 

Deaf: While the pleas of Logan Kellar's best friends typically fall on deaf ears, there's one voice he can't ignore so easily. His own. And when Maxx, his beautiful best friend, says something that shakes his existence, he finds himself suddenly desperate to be heard.

Numb: Just when Logan Kellar was finally ready to make some changes in his life, his entire world was flipped upside down. Now the pain he is used to burying is fighting back. Refusing to let him slip into his old ways, refusing to let him hide from his mistakes, and refusing to let him become numb. 

Hush: Logan "Unbreakable" Kellar finally has everything he's always wanted in life. When a career opportunity, that could jeopardize everything, comes along, he's put back in the position where he's spent most of his life. Torn. Now, Logan has a hard hitting choice to make. Tell the only girl he's ever loved exactly what he's feeling or fall back on old habits and keep his feelings on the Hush.

Savor: Lately, Logan "Unbreakable" Kellar's life has been a series of miscommunications with catastrophic consequences. However, this time around, the consequences threaten to not only damage his current relationships but erase a future he only ever dreamed of. Will Logan lose everything he's ever hoped for or will he finally be able to break the cycle of his mistakes and get the future he is so desperate to Savor?

SENSES SERIES READING ORDER:
Vital (FREE Prequel) (Maxx & Logan)
Blind (Maxx & Logan)
Deaf (Maxx & Logan)
Numb (Maxx & Logan)
Hush (Maxx & Logan)
Savor (Maxx & Logan)
Callous (C.J. & Erin)
Agonize (Tony & Lex)
Suffocate (Luke & Stuart)
Mollify (Dean & Megan)
Blur (Maxx & Logan)
Blear (Maxx & Logan)
Blare - COMING SEPT 3RD - 2019 (Maxx & Logan) (THEIR FINAL NOVEL)

Callous by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/32mdFWU

C.J. and Erin have a complicated relationship. They do three things very well together. Argue, have sex, and keep secrets from each other. However, when C.J.'s past comes to tear him away, it not only threatens to destroy the new life he has built, but the relationship with the only woman who has ever been his match. Will the heavy weight they are both carrying be lifted?Or will everything they've experienced mean nothing, leaving them both Callous?

Agonize by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/2HDUXlw

Tony Reed has always felt second best. To his family. To his best friend. To every girl he's dated. But when Lex "Lix" Jones, an indie rock star, convinces him to let go of his inhibitions and have a little fun, Tony quickly has a critical decision to make. Are they meant to live in a world of passion together or should he be left alone to agonize?

Suffocate by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/2HDIX3E

ER Nurse, Luke Hart, is known for his desire to take care of others and his need to be in control at all times. However, Stuart Ducane knows exactly which buttons to push to make sure Luke relinquishes both. When the chance comes for them to take their delicate friendship that's coated in secret desires to the next level, the timing isn't convenient and neither are the circumstances. Will Luke and Stuart finally get the relationship they both need or will their secrets rip them apart, leaving them alone to suffocate?

Mollify by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/2HGLbiG

Get ready for another heart- twisting installment in the popular Senses Series...

Dean "Mr. O" Kellar has been following closely in the footsteps of his famous adopted father for years, but when Megan Davis pops back into his life suddenly he starts following him in a new light. She was the girl who saved Dean when they were children and the girl he needs to save now. Will the two of them be torn apart once more or will their hearts be allowed a chance to finally mollify? 

Blur by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/2HGmxhU

Aside from being a father, husband, and lucrative business owner, Logan "Unbreakable" Kellar is a retired MMA world champion. However, after a challenge is made that he can't refuse, stepping back into the ring will do more than warm up old routines and habits. Will Logan be able to withstand the punches pulled in and out of the ring or will everything he loves suddenly become just a blur?

Blear by Xavier Neal
https://amzn.to/2HGmCSK

Aside from convincing his three year old daughter the importance of eating vegetables and his older son the necessity of space in relationships, retired MMA world champ, Logan "Unbreakable" Kellar, has one important goal in life right now, and that's making sure his pregnant wife knows how much he loves her. However, when their family vacation takes several unexpected turns, unforeseen decisions will have to be made. Will Logan be able to take the sucker punches life throws or will everything he knows as family become just a blear?

Pretty Reckless by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/2HSDmXl

Penn

They say revenge is a dish best served cold.
I’d had four years to stew on what Daria Followhill did to me, and now my heart was completely iced.
I took her first kiss. 
She took the only thing I loved.
I was poor.
She was rich.
The good thing about circumstances? They can change. Fast.
Now, I’m her parents’ latest shiny project. 
Her housemate. Her tormentor. The captain of the rival football team she hates so much.
Yeah, baby girl, say it—I’m your foster brother. 
There’s a price to pay for ruining the only good thing in my life, and she’s about to shell out some serious tears.
Daria Followhill thinks she is THE queen. I’m about to prove to her that she’s nothing but a spoiled princess.

Daria

Everyone loves a good old unapologetic punk.
But being a bitch? Oh, you get slammed for every snarky comment, cynical eye roll, and foot you put in your adversaries’ way.
The thing about stiletto heels is that they make a hell of a dent when you walk all over the people who try to hurt you.
In Penn Scully’s case, I pierced his heart until he bled out, then left it in a trash can on a bright summer day. 
Four years ago, he asked me to save all my firsts for him.
Now he lives across the hall, and I want nothing more than to be his last everything.
His parting words when he gave me his heart were that nothing in this world is free.
Now? Now he is making me pay.

Vicious by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/2HED7ij

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. 
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. 
He is a brilliant lawyer. 
A skilled criminal. 
A beautiful liar. 
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover. 
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him. 

Vicious

She is a starving artist. 
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. 
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. 
She paid the price. 
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. 
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. 
So she hates me. Big fucking deal. 
She better get used to me.

Vicious a complete standalone and a part of the Sinners of Saint series

Defy by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/2HCb4zY

Defy is a short novella. It is a prequel to Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1) and can be read as a complete standalone. Now an international bestseller. 

My name is Melody Greene, and I have a confession to make.
I slept with my student, a senior in high school.
Multiple times.
I had multiple orgasms.
In multiple positions.
I slept with my student and I enjoyed it.
I slept with my student and I’d do it all over again if I could turn back time.
My name is Melody Greene, and I got kicked out of my position as a teacher and did my walk of shame a la Cersei Lannister from the principal’s office, minutes after said principal threatened to call the cops on me.
My name is Melody Greene, and I did something bad because it made me feel good.
Here is why it was totally worth it.

Ruckus by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/2HEwoVv

Rosie

They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right.
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking.
He is my forbidden, shiny apple.
The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth.
He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend.
One thing you should know before you judge me;
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first.
Eleven years later, he waltzed into my life, demanding a second chance.
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. My white knight has finally arrived. Hopefully, he isn’t too late.

Dean

They say the brightest stars burn out the fastest. They’re right.
She sets my mind on fire.
All smart mouth, snarky attitude and a huge heart.
In a world where everything is dull, she shines like Sirius.
Eleven years ago, fate tore us apart.
This time, I dare it to try.
Getting to her is a battlefield, but man, that’s why they call me Ruckus.
Rosie LeBlanc is about to find out how hard I can fight.
And conquering her will be the sweetest victory.

Ruckus is a complete standalone and a part of the Sinners of Saint series

Scandalous by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/32raUDL

They call him The Mute for a reason.
Hard, cold and calculated, he rarely speaks.
When he does, it’s with disdain.
When he does, his words aren’t meant for me.
When he does, my stomach flips and my world tilts on its axis.
He is thirty-three.
I am eighteen.
He’s a single dad and my father’s business partner.
I’m just a kid to him and his enemy’s daughter.
He’s emotionally unavailable.
And I am…feeling. Feeling things I shouldn’t feel for him.
Trent Rexroth is going to break my heart. The writing isn’t just on the wall, it’s inked on my soul.
And yet, I can’t stay away.
A scandal is the last thing my family needs. But a scandal is what we’re going to give them.
And oh, what beautiful chaos it will be.

Bane by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/32pvu79

Roman 'Bane' Protsenko
Naked surfer. Habitual pothead. A con, a liar, a thief and a fraud.
Last I heard, he was extorting the rich and screwing their wives for a living.
Which is why I’m more than a little surprised to find him at my threshold, looking for my friendship, my services, and most puzzling of all—looking humbled.
Thing is, I’m on a boycott. Literally—I cut boys from my life. Permanently.
Problem is, Bane is not a boy, he is all man, and I’m falling, crashing, drowning in his sweet, perfect lies.

Jesse Carter
Hot as hell, cold as ice.
I wasn’t aware of her existence until a fat, juicy deal landed in my lap.
She’s a part of it, a little plaything to kill some time.
She is collateral, a means to an end, and a side-bonus for striking a deal with her oil tycoon stepdad.
More than anything, Jesse Carter is a tough nut to crack.
Little does she know, I have the teeth for it.

*This book contains material that might be offensive for some or elicit a strong emotional response.

Write You A Love Song  by Fabiola Francisco
https://amzn.to/32homcY

Slow-burn | Small-town | Country Music

What's a girl to do after burning all of her no-good, cheating boyfriend's belongings? Throw a dart at a map and start over in a new town.

I may be new to the small town of Everton, but I'm well aware that I now share a zip code with a celebrity. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know, Knox Bentley, one of country music's biggest stars.

When Knox wanders into my bar-- careful brown eyes and broody attitude--I can't tear my gaze away. A cheating scandal fresh on his heels is just one reason I should stay far, far away, but the closer we get, the more I realize he's not at all what I imagined.

But being a famous musician comes with unwanted attention...the kind that tears people apart, and now it's becoming too painful to stay by his side.

They say love is a choice, but so is leaving...

(Pre order now. Releases September 19, 2019)

Broken Knight by LJ Shen
https://amzn.to/32iipwD

Not all love stories are written the same way. Ours had torn chapters, missing paragraphs, and a bittersweet ending.

Luna Rexroth is everyone’s favorite wallflower.
Sweet.
Caring.
Charitable.
Quiet.
Fake.
Underneath the meek, tomboy exterior everyone loves (yet pities) is a girl who knows exactly what, and who, she wants—namely, the boy from the treehouse who taught her how to curse in sign language.
Who taught her how to laugh.
To live.
To love.

Knight Cole is everyone’s favorite football hero.
Gorgeous.
Athletic.
Rugged.
Popular.
Liar. 
This daredevil hell-raiser could knock you up with his gaze alone, but he only has eyes for the girl across the street: Luna. 
But Luna is not who she used to be. She doesn’t need his protection anymore.
When life throws a curveball at All Saints’ golden boy, he’s forced to realize not all knights are heroes.
Sometimes, the greatest love stories flourish in tragedy.

The Marriage Plan by Brenda Ford
https://amzn.to/32rbZvj

A pretend marriage with a seductive ex-SEAL, 
A plan to escape from a dangerous past, 
The thrill of lust and …love,
And an intense dilemma that collides my two worlds – 
The haunting past with me being a pawn in my father’s hands, 
And a possibly rosy future with a sensual but hot blooded man. 
Well, that practically sums up my life! 

I hope I can figure it out before it’s too late.
They’re coming.

The S*x Tape  by Serena Akeroyd and Helen Scott
https://amzn.to/2HGnKWu

Briar Gildermann is used to being the Queen of Gildermann Academy, but after her boyfriend releases a sex tape? Suddenly she’s a pawn in a game she has no idea how to play.
Gildermann Academy is where elite sons and daughters go to further their dynastic families’ vast fortunes. Among her peers, Briar’s humiliation knows no bounds when Flynn, Lennox, and Blake, each wearing their own crowns, find a wicked pleasure in destroying her reputation.
They’ll stop at nothing until she’s torn to shreds.
But the only question Briar has, is...
WHY?
Find out in THE SEX TAPE, a standalone bully, Why Choose romance.
**All characters are over 18**

Blare by Xavier Neal (releasing September 3, 2019)

Logan "Unbreakable" Kellar has the existence he never dreamed possible. Between his booming business, beautiful, nerdy wife, and four children, 3 of which are too much like him for their own good, it's safe to say there's never a dull moment to be found. With his ten year wedding anniversary inching closer, Kellar decides it would be a fantastic idea to celebrate it by having a vow renewal ceremony. However, when problems arise in all three aspects of his life, will he be able to face them head on or find himself having to turn away from the blare?

Beaten Paths by Stephie Walls (releasing September 16, 2019)

One stone creates a ripple with the power to change destiny.

One horrific mistake…

After a near-fatal accident, Sarah Adams was left hospitalized and faced months of grueling surgery and rehab—alone.

One chance encounter…

Charlie Burin walked in when the rest of the world walked out. He refused to let her quit, vowing to hold her up until she could stand on her own.

One unexpected twist…

When a new obstacle arises, can two people who have been through hell keep fighting for love when the odds are stacked against them?

Dirty Wishes by Laine Watson (8/15/19)

***warning: has adult-like situations and language. Not suitable for ages under 18***

Listen, I’m just going come straight out with it. I like sex. I like it a lot, more than I like most things. If you looked into my mind, that’s all you’d see.
It’s a powerful thing. For a long time, it’s what made my friends for me. That was up until I had some sort of revelation and realized I didn’t want to just have sex; I wanted something more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elgringo by Edmond Salus Virtual Book Tour

Fiction Date Published: January 2018 Sonny Galas is an only child being raised by his mother-a widow---and t...